Skip to main content
Otis College is moving over the next two years to D2L Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS).
The following guide is dedicated to keeping the Otis College community informed during this transition.
When launched, you will be able to access the new Learning Management System (LMS) via the Otis College Dashboard (my.otis.edu).
Exciting New Features
Unable to view? Watch on Youtube.
- New Ways for Faculty to Communicate With Students
- Activity Feeds
- To Do Lists
- More Than Post Discussion Boards
- Form builders for quizzes/exams/worksheets/questions
- Critique/Review Tools
- Direct Integrations with Apps + Tools
- And much more . . .
- Attendance + Gradebook Connects Directly to Banner
- User-Friendly Assessment Tools + Direct Access To Data
- Digital Badges
- Accessibility Tools
- MOBILE APP
- NO MORE FLASH
As of 12.12.2018
This timeline is subject to change based upon implementation and set-up of the system.
- Begin Backend Administrative Set-Up
- Administrator Training
- Meet with Departments (Academic + Administrative)
- Create plans for migrating data and active O-Space content
- Assessment Needs
- Faculty Training Sessions
- Faculty + Student Advisory Groups Meet
- Beta-test Some Live Classes
- Continue Training
- Offer Bricks + Clicks
- Launch First-Year Courses
- Train Students During Orientation
- Open Upper Division Courses in Both O-Space + Brightspace
- All courses in Brightspace
Questions or Concerns?
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
- Otis College Email
- Check This Week @ Otis Emails
- Dashboard Announcements
- Jean-Marie Venturini (firstname.lastname@example.org) 310.846.2628, Teaching/Learning Center, room 160.