Skip to main content
What Remote Services Are Available in the LIbrary
- The Millard Sheets Library is closed until further notice
- Materials can be returned to the Book Bin until Thursday, March 19th. The bin will be emptied on the morning of March 20th, then locked until the campus re-opens
- There is a 30-day grace period for overdue fines
- Library staff are working from home and are available by phone, email, and Zoom:
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm PST
- Circulation: 310-665-6930, email@example.com
- Reference: 310-665-6925, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer to the Contact Us page for more options
- Students, faculty and staff can access the library databases, ebooks, and streaming video via the library website
Go to the Accessing Library Resources from Off Campus guide
Spring Semester 2020
Virtual Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday CLOSED
Starting March 17th, 2020
Library is physically closed until further notice
More information about using Library services and resources from off campus
Hours are subject to change.
More hours information
Who was Millard Sheets anyway?
In 1954 Millard Sheets was appointed Director of Otis College. Under his leadership, the school's academic program was restructured so that BFA and MFA degrees were offered.
You may be familiar with his mosaic work on Los Angeles bank buildings.
Oral History of Millard Sheets from the Archives of American Art, Smithsonian
Library Catalog & Databases
Student Learning Center
The Student Learning Center (SLC) is a friendly space for students on the NW side of the Library where you can receive free support in writing, math, and study skills from peer tutors.
Teaching / Learning Center
The Teaching/Learning Center (TLC) is a faculty dedicated space where you can work as well as receive support in teaching best practices, instructional technologies, and training on Otis College systems such as O-Space, Zoom, and Webmail.
Tell us what you think about the Library!
You might think the most important resource of a library is the books. In fact, it's really the librarians. They can make your life much easier.
We're happy to assist. We don't mind questions. . . Really.
Ask a Question or Recommend a Purchase
, Interim Director of the Library
2002 - present
, Director of Library and Learning Centers, retired
1992 - 2019
, Catalog Librarian, Artists' Books Collection
1994 - present
, Circulation Manager, Research Specialist
1999 - present
, Photographic Technician
2004 - present
, Media Specialist Coordinator
2013 - present
, Night Shift Circulation Clerk
2019 - present
TLC and SLC Staff
, Director of the Learning Centers
2012 - present
, Instructional Designer/Technologist
2018 - present
Ryan Khoo, Coordinator, Student Learning Center
2017 - present
, Assistant Coordinator and Lead Academic Coach, Student Learning Center
2018 - present