Skip to main content
Current News + Events
The Teaching Learning Center (TLC) provides expert resources and support to Otis College faculty interested in: improving the quality of their teaching, expanding their knowledge in current best practices and instructional technologies, addressing classroom concerns, and assessing student learning. The TLC offers a wide selection of services from one-on-one consultations, training workshops, and virtual guides in all aspects of teaching, learning, and assessment.
Open Access Hours
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
*Show Otis ID to Campus Security for additional access.
Room 160 in the New Academic Building
Closed = Holidays
Need Help (TLC Support)
Need Quick Help?
- drop on by!
- contact us by email (email@example.com) or phone (310.846.2628)
Need To Update Skills?
Request a workshop for you or a group!
Visit the Help and Technical Support Libguide.
M-F > 8:00 - 5:00pm
T > 3:30 -7:30pm
W > 10:00 - 6:00pm
TH > 10:00 - 2:00pm
F > 10:00 - 4:00pm
Our Mission + Goals
The mission of the TLC is to further develop, support, and promote a culture of excellence in teaching and learning, particularly through technology-enhancements.
- to support faculty in developing a familiarity with current pedagogy, teaching methodologies, and best practices as they apply to both eLearning and traditional courses
- to support faculty in incorporating technology or web-enhancements as appropriate into course curriculum
- to offer one-on-one training and workshops on various instructional technologies
- to assist faculty in using the Learning Management System (O-Space)
- to provide a comfortable computer lab/workspace where faculty can prepare for classes, develop instructional content, work on longer projects, and experiment with instructional technologies
- to help new faculty transition successfully into the Otis College teaching community
This guide provides access to important key information such as:
- What to do the first day of class
- How to handle common student concerns/questions
- Managing user credentials
- Tools and resources available to you
- And much more!
The TLC was honored in 2007 with a Centers of Excellence Award for outstanding support to faculty from the New Media Consortium (NMC).
What do you want in an LMS?
Now is your chance to tell us what you want in an LMS!
Our current LMS is O-Space powered by Digication. Otis College is currently in the process of reviewing Learning Management Systems (LMS). We are collecting feedback to understand what are the various needs of students, faculty, and staff.
We value your input!
Due: Friday March 9th
The TLC Facilities
- a common computer lab and open meeting space
- private conference room
- recording/production studio
- 4 iMacs with current OS
- 2 PCs with current Windows
- Black & White Laser printer
- 2 Color/Black & White Epson scanners
- LED Display
- 2 USB headsets with microphones
TLC Computer Software
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Apple iTunes and Safari
- Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Mozilla Firefox + Chrome Browsers
- Apple Keynote and iLife (including GarageBand) [Macs only]
- Quicktime and iMovie [Macs only]
- Microsoft Internet Explorer [PCs only]
- Camtasia [recording studio only]
- Zoom (Web Conferencing)
Production Studio Equipment
- MAC with current OS
- Snowball microphone
- LED three-light interview lighting kit (with diffusers)
- LED floodlights
- Camera tripod with pan and tilt handle
- Cannon Digital Video Camera
- Backdrop set
- Radio set and lavaliers (lapel mic)
- Work tables