Skip to main content
Current News + Events
The Teaching Learning Center (TLC) provides expert resources and support to Otis College faculty/instructors interested in: improving the quality of their teaching, expanding their knowledge in current best practices and instructional technologies, addressing classroom concerns, and assessing student learning. The TLC offers a wide selection of services from one-on-one consultations, training workshops, and virtual guides in all aspects of teaching, learning, and assessment.
JOIN US FOR CONVOCATION WEEK AUGUST 20 - 24TH!
We have an exciting line-up of active workshops to help you start the semester right.
Open Access Hours
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
*Show Otis ID to Campus Security for additional access.
Closed = Holidays
Room 160 in the New Academic Building
Our Mission + Goals
The mission of the TLC is to further develop, support, and promote a culture of excellence in teaching and learning, particularly through technology-enhancements.
- to support faculty/instructors in developing a familiarity with current pedagogy, teaching methodologies, and best practices as they apply to both eLearning and traditional courses
- to support faculty/instructors in incorporating technology or web-enhancements as appropriate into course curriculum
- to offer one-on-one training and workshops on various instructional technologies
- to assist faculty/instructors in using the Learning Management System
- to provide a comfortable computer lab/workspace where faculty can prepare for classes, develop instructional content, work on longer projects, and experiment with instructional technologies
- to help new faculty/instructors transition successfully into the Otis College teaching community
This guide provides access to important key information such as:
- What to do the first day of class
- How to handle common student concerns/questions
- Managing user credentials
- Tools and resources available to you
- And much more!
The TLC was honored in 2007 with a Centers of Excellence Award for outstanding support to faculty from the New Media Consortium (NMC).
The TLC Facilities
- a common computer lab and open meeting space
- private conference room
- recording/production studio
- 6 iMacs with current OS
- Black & White Laser printer/fax
- 2 Color/Black & White Epson scanners
- LED Display
TLC Computer Software
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Apple iTunes and Safari
- Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Mozilla Firefox + Chrome Browsers
- Apple Keynote and iLife (including GarageBand) [Macs only]
- Quicktime and iMovie [Macs only]
- Microsoft Internet Explorer [PCs only]
- Camtasia [recording studio only]
- Zoom (Web Conferencing)
Production Studio Equipment
- MAC with current OS
- Snowball microphone
- LED three-light interview lighting kit (with diffusers)
- LED floodlights
- Camera tripod with pan and tilt handle
- Cannon Digital Video Camera
- Backdrop set
- Radio set and lavaliers (lapel mic)
- Work tables