Skip to main content
New version of the OtisDID that does not rely upon Flash!
- Initial upload of data and images
- Testing authentication and permissions
- Testing adding new content
- Tweaking the interface
- Upload changes in data and images in OtisDID since the initial load COMPLETED March 25, 2020
- Start offering training sessions - use this sign up form
- Launched March 25, 2020
- Get user feedback
- Turn off access to OtisDID
Video demo available soon
Contact us if you want to add new images for your classes
- Do I need Flash enabled to use MDID3?
No! The new viewer is based on Mirador.
- Where are my slideshows?
- Slideshows are now called Presentations
- Folders are now listed as Tags
- Can I embed presentations into the Nest?
Yes. There are links for viewing the presentation and downloading PDF versions. Example
- Can I download presentations?
Yes. Use the Package option to download them as a folder of images. Choose PowerPoint to download them into a pptx template.
- How does a student find my presentations?
- Go to Experience > Browse Presentations
- Search or filter by Presenter or Tag
- Can I upload my own images?
Yes. Go to: Organize > Create Item
Migrating from the old OtisDID
Data migrated on March 25, 2020
View them at Organize > Browse Presentations
- Folder names from OtisDID are now listed as TAGS
- Most presentations have been marked as Hidden
View other people's slideshows at Experience > Browse Presentations
View them at Organize > Your Favorites
- These items have the personal tag favorite
View them under Organize > Your Content
To add more, go to: Organize > Create Item
How to Log In
- Go to mdid.otis.edu
- Click the Log in link
- If prompted, enter your Otis College credentials
There is also an icon on the Library page on the Dashboard
If you used a custom username and password for the old site, click on the Local login link. Please contact us to migrate your content to an account using your Otis College credentials.
To embed a presentation into a course:
- Go to Content > Add > Weblink
- Paste in the presentation URL
- Give it a title
- Choose whether to embed the page or open it in a new tab
New Mirador-based Viewer
View this sample presentation and click on the information icon
Here are some of the highlights:
- Default viewer does not require Flash
- Add your notes with annotations
- URLs in the data and annotations are clickable and open in a new window
- You can manipulate images, including flipping them
- You can compare 2 or 4 images at once
Every presentation has a series of links that you can share.
- View = View presentation using Mirador viewer
- View (classic) = View presentation using the old Flash-based player
- Package viewer = Download presentation with Mirador viewer (Windows only)
- Package Files = Download a folder with the images
- Flash Cards = Generate a PDF in the flash card format
- Print View = Generate a PDF in the thumbnail format
- PowerPoint = Generate a version in PPTX (can change style after download)